Being a ”Lifeline to the Nation”, Indian Railway is Asia’s largest system, where many people travel from one place to another to fulfilling their dreams. Indian Railway is the central government organization which is managed by the Ministry of Railway, Govt of India. It connects the people of India, Indian culture, food, and various parts of the nation. As per the recent records/statistics, it has more than 15 lakhs railway employees who work in India’s largest Ministry(Railway Ministry). Every year, the Indian railway provides thousands of job opportunities to Indian Nationals through the various Railway Recruitment Boards(RRBs) in different railway zones of the country. There are 21 RRBs from different zones of the Indian railway such as RRB Ajmer, RRB Allahabad, RRB Chennai, RRB Bhopal, etc. In this article, candidates will find Railway jobs and their qualifications.
Major benefits of working in Indian Railways
Working in Indian Railway is always been a piece of butter for every job seeker in India. Being a Central Govt Job, railway jobs provide all the benefits and perks to their employees. There are major benefits like TA, DA, HRA, Medical Coverage, and, Pension while working as Indian railway employees. There is Sports Quota to enter into the Indian Railways, where athletes can enter by using their good scores in the respective sports. The Railway Jobs are divided into four/4 groups which are Railway Group A, Railway Group B, Railway Group C, and Railway Group D. Among them, Group A and Group B Jobs are the much prestigious and high salaried jobs in railways.
List of Railway Jobs and Qualification
There are different types of railway jobs in India which are categorized into technical and non-technical jobs. From Railway Group A to Group B, there are various jobs in India like Assistant Loco Pilot(ALP), Senior Section Engineer(SSE), Station Master, Loco Pilot, Ticket Collector(TC), Commercial Ticket Collector, Assistant Station Master(ASM), Junior Engineer(JE), Group D, Goods Guard, Railway Protection Force(RPF), NTPC(Non-technical Popular Categories), RRB Group D, RRB NTPC, RRB JE, RRB ALP, etc.
1. Railway Jobs(NTPC)/RRB NTPC Jobs
Railway Recruitment Board(RRB) is conducting time to time exams for Non-Technical Popular Jobs(NTPC) each year. There are NTPC Jobs like Goods Guard, Station Master, Commercial Cum Ticket Collector, etc. Here we are providing some information like eligibility, age limit, NTPC salary, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
- Traffic Assistant,
- Goods Guard,
- Senior Commercial cum Ticket Collector,
- Senior Clerk cum Typist
- Junior Account Assistant cum Typist,
- Senior Timekeeper,
- Station Master, and
- Commercial Assistant.
- Junior Time Keeper
- Train Clerk
- Commercial cum Ticket Clerk
- Accounts Clerk cum Typist
- Skill tests
- Document Verification/DV
- Medical Test
- 18 to 30 for undergraduate candidates
- 18 to 33 years for graduates
- NTPC undergraduate candidates: Candidate must be at least 12th passed
- NTPC graduate candidates: Must Have a graduate degree
2. RRB JE Jobs
RB JE is a technical post in the Indian railway. These Engineers are recruited by the RRB for the construction and maintenance of railway buildings like staff quarters, and stations.
- Junior Engineer(JE),
- Junior Engineer(IT),
- Depot Material Superintendent(DMS)
- Document Verification
- Candidates must be 18 to 33 years of age
- JE Post: Degree or Diploma in Civil engineering/Computer Science/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Automobile from a recognized University.
- DMS Posts: Diploma in Engineering
3. RRB Group D Jobs
RRB Group D Recruitment is a national-level exam which is being conducted by the various RRBs of different railway zones in India. These Railway Jobs are best for those candidates who are eagerly waiting for railway jobs after passing 10th class.
- There are various posts like Assistant, pointsman, helper, storekeeper, etc.
- CBT-1, CBT-2, PET(physical efficiency test), Document verification, Medical Test
- Candidate must have minimum 18 years of age and not more than 33 years
- Minimum qualification is 10th class with any diploma like ITI
4. RRB ALP Jobs
Railway Recruitment Board(RRB) conducts exams for recruiting Assistant Loco Pilot(ALP) each year. An assistant loco pilot is responsible to assist the loco pilot in Indian Railways.
- Assistant Loco Pilot
- CBT-1, CBT-2, Physical Efficiency Test(PET), Document Verification(DV), Medical Test
- 18 to 28 years
- Candidates who are applying for the post of ALP in Indian Railways, must have passed 10th class with having ITI diploma